ANyone on here have a Klein Quantum Pro?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
If so what are they like? Brutally stuff?

These ran mid 90s for a few years and had the MTB style big fork and matched stem > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... temId=2614

qp_proj_1.jpg

That looks later than mid 90's. I only have the early 90's type.

They like all Kleins are stiff as

I have a 96 Q Pro. Very very stiff but nuts light for a mid 90s frame. Apparently one of the first outings of the Ahead system. Been meaning to show it off on here but haven't quite got around to it.

Got or thinking of getting one?

I worked on one and took it for a short test ride (I had too I did a lot of work on it) and fell in love with it's purpleness and how it rode. Stiff yes but as stiff as many modern frames and deserving of some high end kit maybe even a modern groupset and modern wheels. How about purple velocity A23 rims on some nice silver hubs of course I adorn it with purple anodied bits, sorry that my fantasy bike.

Regardless they ar good bike but they do come with threadless or ahead fork depending on the year. The headtube on the one I worked on was 1".

Odd bottom bracket it is vicount style. Still quite easy to work one. I managed to fashion a bearing extraction tool. I think the problem would be if the bearings seize into the frame that could be terminal.

I think it would make a lovely bike and it must be riden. Get one.

Latest posts

Back