Campagnolo 1052/1, Record How rare are these front mechs?

Re: Campagnolo 1052/1, Record How rare are these front mechs

......proverbial hens teeth! but having said that I have one languishing in my parts box waiting to be stripped and cleaned, I sold a clean one a few years ago for £40.00 if I remember rightly (but what's worrying nowadays is being able to remember when these components were cutting edge and state of the art!)

It took me 6 months to find one and I was lucky to get it for £37. If you track one down in good condition they seem to go for about £75 .

negaultra7":12h0elff said:
Good morning all,Im looking at sourcing a Campagnolo 1052/1, Record front mech, are these easy or hard to find? and ant idea of price?ThanksNeil

Appreciate the link, I've been looking in my parts box at a mech exactly like the Velobase one for a while - mine is little used one I was thinking of putting on my winter Allin project.

Oh, and Excel, I agree with your sentiment buddy.

Cheers, Jon.

Hmm, I've got one. I think it is the one I had back in the 60's.

With this and all my other Campagnalia I must be worth a mint!

Or at least a Polo.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Midlife":1zlv91n5 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/67J-SUNTOUR-COMPE-V-FRONT-MECH-28-8-VINTAGE-BICYCLE-/301003862397?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item46153a717d#ht_840wt_722

Stick an old suntour on while you are looking :) just remember it works the opposite way round to campag.

Shaun

Underrated components for sure (much more of a following in the USA ), and great value as a result.

Jon.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is one on Ebay, seller says 1970s but it is from the 1960s. Maybe a bit more than you want to spend but a completed listing search shows others selling in this range.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/campagnolo-fron ... 2c7584e7bf

Steven

BTW these mechs were a huge technological advancement over the pillbox mech.

after a quick check around it appears there were various generations of the Record 1052/1 front mech. with the model finishing in the late 70's, is the model you seek the very first incarnation with the chromed bronze arms as shown in the link that was pasted? Kevin Sayles has an excellent contribution on Classic Lightweights....
<< http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/co ... ngers.html >>

Back