Shimano 2300 shifters with Shimano Deore XT M730 mechs

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Having problem with setting up some shifters guys :(

Just fitted some Shimano 2300 (actually 2303 triples) with a Shimano Deore XT rear mech and triple front on with a matching Deore XT front mech (M730 range).

Rear mech indexes fine, front mech does not. I cannot get it to clear the smallest ring (+ largest sprocket) and the largest ring (+ smallest sprocket) without having to tweak the adjusters at either extremity.

I've not explained that very well but has anyone got any tips for setting up the front mech with 2303 shifters? I've always managed before but this one is really proving a challenge!

Shimano road Sti and front MTB mechs dont mix. Even MTB and MTB shifters/ f.mechs dont always mix!

Different cable pull I'm afraid so its faffing with clamping the cable slightly different to give it more pull or just plump for a road triple f.mech.

Or bar end shifters.

legrandefromage":21jjl3la said:
Shimano road Sti and front MTB mechs dont mix. Even MTB and MTB shifters/ f.mechs dont always mix!

Different cable pull I'm afraid so its faffing with clamping the cable slightly different to give it more pull or just plump for a road triple f.mech.

Or bar end shifters.

As LGF says, change the front mech :)

Andy

Back