Vintage Saddle.....anorak question!!

47p2":1dp11wio said:
Does it have an adjuster bolt underneath?
....indeed it does! it all points to a Brooks "butchered" Professional but the lack of side emblems has me scratching me head

San Marco Regal saddles are like this but not sure how far back they go in terms of manufacture.

A Brooks saddle from the time when it was thouight important to sit on copper rather than leather. The embossed name would disappear with use and weather/leather treatment.

Just roughly measured rivet spacing centre-to-centre on the top of a Brooks Pro. I suppose if anything should be measured in 'Imperial' units, it's a Brooks saddle, so here, in millimetres... :? at the rear, about 40mm between centres, about 62mm between the innermost pair. At the front (measuring 'round the bend' ) about 28mm between centres. About 43mm between the centres of the badge-rivets.

Mine's not an ancient 'Pro', fifteen years? No idea if dimensions/specifications might have changed at Brooks over the years..

A Brooks saddle from the time when it was thouight important to sit on copper rather than leather.
I'd like to hear about that, having just gone to some trouble in order to spend less time sitting on copper and more on leather!

Back