Regio Velos Haltingen

Halfmanhalfdrum

Retro Newbie
I recently purchased this bike on ebay but I cant find any information about it. It has Columbus Aelle tubing and a full shimano 105 groupset. The hubs are shimano 105 and the rims are Mavic. Any help as to where it might have come from would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 231
I don't think you can be missing this vital bit of information, but just in case, Haltingen is a town in Germany.

Yes, that came up when I googled it. However, Regio means Royal in Italian which makes it all the more confusing. Also the logo features a bunch of grapes which could be French, italian, Spanish, German or in fact any European country!

I guess if it says; 'Haltingen' somewhere on the frame then that is where it originates from, or at least, some bike business located there put those transfers on the frame and sold it to the original buyer. It wouldn't be the first or last time someone has added 'Italy by association' to bikes or bike bits. Looks like a serviceable racing geometry frame. Saddle angle is unconventional, as is the handlebar stem. A bike for someone quite tall, adjusted to be used by someone much shorter. As with all seatposts buried so deep in the tube, make sure it isn't stuck?

Back