Help Please - SLX Tubing ~ Cinelli Lugs ~ No Serial Number

Nomads

Dirt Disciple
Hi All

I have a bike that has Cinelli stamped lugs and I think what is termed a spoiler on the BB shell.

The Seat post is 27.2. I was told the stickers were taken off about 20 years ago but the SLX decal is still on the seat post tube. It has chrome forks, with no stamping at the crown or on the dropouts.

The rear brake cable goes through the top tube.

The rear triangle is mostly chrome.

The rear dropouts are also unstamped.

The frame has no serial number and also the headtube is not drilled for a badge.

The colour is like a hammerite / metallic black.

The brake bridge is in an upside down V shape with a square (like a dice) for the caliper to bolt too. This is also unstamped / has no engraving.

There are no holes for mounting mudguards, and it has braze-ons on the downtube.

Lastly the rear stays also have no markings where they join the seat post tube.

Sorry to be so vague but I am intrigued and if any one has any ideas of how to find out the make or has any idea of what it could be, please reply.

Thanks, Nomads

Re: Help Please - SLX Tubing ~ Cinelli Lugs ~ No Serial Numb

No Number and no chaistay bridge that I can see..........first thing that springs to mind is Aende.

Shaun

Don't know what it is but it's rather nice

Thanks for the comments so far.

I forgot to mention that the BB is English and the downtube is ribbed inside so SLX, the sticker therefore appears to be genuine.

The previous owner bought the Frame and Forks new in about 1990 / 91 (may of been old stock) in the UK.

That's all I have for now.

Any help in model and maker is appreciated. Nomads

Back