Obsession vs reality dilemma..

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
So, what to do.
I am currently building up my Razesa frame with a pretty nice 7410 Dura Ace group set. Its a nice frame, 531c and pretty well made. I also have three other frames stripped and in my loft - a 531 Raleigh Gran Sport, a Koga Miyata gents Lux and a Gazelle AA in need of a respray ideally. I have a lot of 'bits' too - Nuevo Record, Gran sport stuff, wheels etc - that I have acquired in my time mostly spent here on Retrobike,

So, it got me thinking. Do I...
a) Build up the Razesa as planned and add that to my stable, riding them when I can and staring at them when I can't, or
b) Shall I have a clear out and use the money to buy myself one special frame - something likes a Pinnarello, a Merckx, Colnago, or something of that ilk and use the DA group on that?

I love my bikes but broken down and in the loft is a little pointless BUT I know I will miss them like children if I pack them off to someone else instead,....

What you reckon guys? Anyone had the same dilemma?

Personally, I'd keep the different frames.

For one thing, it's always good to have at least one spare frame just in case.

For another, having a few projects on the go can be fun (as long as it doesn't get out of control).

For a third, I like being able to compare how different frames ride. How does the Gazelle ride compared to the Koga? What if you swap the wheels over... That sort of thing...

Back