Women on the forum

I think there are very few.

My daughter is an occasional visitor, both road and mtb and I know of at least one other mtb rider, but not too many more.

This is the internet, where the men are nerds, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

More seriously though - a much smaller percentage of women are "into" cycling than men. The numbers are probably about even if you take all the utility cycling into account, but for nerdy bike geeking, it's a total sausage-fest.

cce":26o7zb7f said:
This is the internet, where the men are nerds, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

That should be your tag line :LOL:

I think there should be more women on here. In a post modern feminist kind of way.

It may be explained by my theory that men turn any activity into an exercise in acquiring as many accessories as possible. My kitchen is full of indispensable stuff and cooking shops always get a visit if I'm passing. And any DIY exercise is just an excuse to buy some new tools. Massively more so for anything retro and I suspect not all women share this view.

I sent a link to my daughter.

She said the reason there are no women on most forums is because the majority of men "are complete cocks".... she does have a point :roll:

Ooooh where to start, I could have a complete field day here.... :LOL: :LOL:

Lets just say, it's only me and Alison you need to worry about. We're the Big Mammas. (As in power, not size, obviously. I for my part am quite svelte. Ish. Sure Alison is too)

I don't think there are that many very active women on here, just those that dip in and out. That sounds really, really, dodgy! I know for 4 or 5 now. I think the way us women approach cycling/cycle mechanics is different, in that we don't have the activist approach that a lot of men do, we don't get all shouty about stuff so much, probably because we're multi tasking and don't give it so much priority! :LOL:

This is all done very tongue in cheek, I am not in the least bit a feminist, and for my part think the best way to prove anything is just to get on with it. I do try not to get involved with the deep discussions on here, just the light hearted stuff, as I have found in the past it can all get a bit 'my c*ck is bigger than yours' and when someone is having a bit of a dig, then saying, actually I'm a woman, sounds pretty pathetic. I'm here for the camaraderie first, and decent access to buying and selling retro stuff a close second.

Back