Koga Miyata help!!

pistol13

Retro Guru
Bought this frame years ago and was using it as a cheap fixed runabout, Then moved onto the next thing (as you do).Anyway just got it out of storage and was thinking of rebuild to original spec but I don't know much about it, Is it a Gents Racer?
Can anyone date it serial no: J532644
Would it have been built with 600ax or 600ex or a mix of both. When i got it, It came with 600ax post and stem, 600ex headset and shifters(both pictured). Any idea of hubs, rims, tyres etc. Any info would be greatly received. All the best Mick...
Also decals, are they available?
000_0366.jpg

000_0364.jpg

000_0361.jpg

000_0358.jpg

000_0359.jpg

Sorry i forgot to mention, it came with a very beautiful concor supercorsa saddle (dark brown). Thought in might be worth a mention for dating etc

Pistol13,

In the early 80s Koga had a model called GentsRacer (Aero) in that green in their line up for several years. Equipment was partially 600AX or pretty much full 600AX, depending on year.

Your frame uses the Tange Champion #2 tubing. Very decent tubing also used by the ProRacer and FullPro of the same era. FullPro-L used #1. In detailling the frame divers substantially from the ProRacer, not to mention of the FullPro. Those frames use svelte microfusion lugs with neat engraving for example.

If you're in for a Koga project: I have 1980 FullPro laying around that needs a caring restorer ;)

Btw if you want to part from that seat: I am pretty sure you can make Hilts quite happy with it.

Thanks for the top info on these bikes, I have seen quite a few in this green colour, it must have been popular and thats why i thought it could be a gents racer. To be fair the paint on this one is pretty tired and it has loads of scrapes. It will get there in the end though :D . Good luck with you Fullpro, Would love to see some pics of that! Cheers

Hi Pistol,

I do not have one FullPro. I have:

1980 FullPro-L
1980 FullPro
1980 GentsLuxe-S
1981 FullPro-L
1981 ProRacer
1982 FullPro
1984 Pro Am
1991 GentsRacer Carbolite

The 1980 FullPro and 1981 FullPro-L are objects for restoration. I will already have a lot work with the FullPro-L and all the off road projects (FRO, WTB) going on.

Fortunately all the other roadbikes are very good to 99% new and are not in need in work. I do not have pics of them all. I definately must take new shots sometime soon. Here a few pics of the ProRacer though.

:shock: Wow, That is beautiful and looks brand new and makes mine look like a pos :LOL: .I have seen the last pic (over the canal) somewhere before, and must admit have it in my favorite pics :) Top work man and an awesome collection. Shame you can only ride one at a time! I've been totally inspired. Please when you get time post some more. Cheers Mick...

full pro

Elev12k":slwsxghd said:
Pistol13,

In the early 80s Koga had a model called GentsRacer (Aero) in that green in their line up for several years. Equipment was partially 600AX or pretty much full 600AX, depending on year.

Your frame uses the Tange Champion #2 tubing. Very decent tubing also used by the ProRacer and FullPro of the same era. FullPro-L used #1. In detailling the frame divers substantially from the ProRacer, not to mention of the FullPro. Those frames use svelte microfusion lugs with neat engraving for example.

If you're in for a Koga project: I have 1980 FullPro laying around that needs a caring restorer ;)

Btw if you want to part from that seat: I am pretty sure you can make Hilts quite happy with it.

hi, have you still got that full pro available? and if so what size is it in? I just acquired a gents racer from 78 not knowing anything of koga miyata..quite fancy the more high end version...

I got an esamble, but the one needing a restoration went to German fellow-collector a year ago.

Later this week, when weather is good, I will take pictures of my newly acquired FullPro-S and put them up here.

koga

can you please help me identify my frame?
i bought it from a guy one year ago and i am falling in love with retro bikes
i have also repainted and polished 2 more bikes
but this is my favourite, it's my casual

Attachments

• M1070070.jpg
    M1070070.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 6,622
  • M1070071.jpg
    M1070071.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6,622
  • M1070065.jpg
    M1070065.jpg