LeMond's steel frames

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Any idea who made the frames for LeMond's previous bike business? Or indeed hos tour bikes?

kaiser":2w7ywsbx said:
Any idea who made the frames for LeMond's previous bike business? Or indeed hos tour bikes?

I think this one's been raised on RB in the past, and Billato (using Excell steel tubing as the frame material??) often gets a mention in that context.

David

Yes , as distributor I should know - it was Roberto Billato .

First frames were Columbus sl , and TSX . The red / yellow team Z ones were very well received .

Lovely long top tubes on the early Lemonds , much loved by Wayne Randle and John Tanner . Randle won the Archer GP on a 23 lb TSX.

There was a switch to the excel tubing , to the blue and yellow frames ridden by Gan , not as nice as the TSX if you asked me .

We also had some carbon frames with webbed tubing made by carbon frames , some Clark Kent titanium , and then a few ti made by Litespeed

Happy days .

daveplanetx":16vlt1xe said:
Yes , as distributor I should know - it was Roberto Billato .

First frames were Columbus sl , and TSX . The red / yellow team Z ones were very well received .

Lovely long top tubes on the early Lemonds , much loved by Wayne Randle and John Tanner . Randle won the Archer GP on a 23 lb TSX.

There was a switch to the excel tubing , to the blue and yellow frames ridden by Gan , not as nice as the TSX if you asked me .

We also had some carbon frames with webbed tubing made by carbon frames , some Clark Kent titanium , and then a few ti made by Litespeed

Happy days .

You still had a Clark Kent in the showroom recently didn't you Dave? Very nice.

yes , it was unearthed in the Sab stock , along with a couple of Lemond versions .
The last box at the back of the warehouse , must have been there 20 years !

Any pics of those? I've noticed a TVT LeMond also. My curiosity was piqued by his new range of bikes, they look quite nice and are made by Look funnily enough.

Good stuff, nae Corsa's I the Merckx stash I take it? :)

Back