info needed

huggiebear

Retro Newbie
Hi hope someone maybe able to help,I've recently purchased a racing bike and not sure what it is,its got the name john geddes on the frame ,who was a rider in the 50s and 60s i think and has a shop up near liverpool.its steel frame all running gear is campagnolo,cinelli handle bars and stem,just above the front brake on the frame theres a faint stamp B M?,on top of the seat post tube the digits 73,underneath the frame bb numbers 3281785 think it says cinelli made in ? and AZELLI in capitals the gear cables run over this.on top of the forks there is a stamp or mark,on the fork tube there is a decal of a frog ,not sure if its been added after. if i can will try and ad photos latter regards HB

Greetings and welcome, As always with bike IDs a picture would be the best plan, including lug details etc..

Steven

Hit the full editor button below, then when that page opens there is a pane below the message pane for up loading pictures. Pics need to be 1280 pixels on the longest dimension, about a 2 or 3 megabyte file. Also you can link to photobucket or some similar image hosting site.

lewisfoto":2padwvq3 said:
Hit the full editor button below, then when that page opens there is a pane below the message pane for up loading pictures. Pics need to be 1280 pixels on the longest dimension, about a 2 or 3 megabyte file. Also you can link to photobucket or some similar image hosting site.
Hi having problem getting the pics to upload,its saying file to big,i will keep trying

John Geddes was a top rider as you say in the 50's and 60's. AFAIK he is still around and I think his shop may still be going (run by his son?). His frames were probably built locally for him.

huggiebear":2m6kqfnt said:
lewisfoto":2m6kqfnt said:
Hi having problem getting the pics to upload,its saying file to big,i will keep trying

If you are still having problems then you can email them to me and i'll pop them on if you want. Send me a private message for email details.

Huggiebear's pictures......

Attachments

• SDC12675.jpeg
    SDC12675.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 416
  • SDC12676.jpeg
    SDC12676.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 415
  • SDC12677.jpeg
    SDC12677.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 414
  • SDC12678.jpeg