Trying to ID a saddle

Jonny69

Senior Retro Guru
Hi folks. I'm trying to identify an old saddle I've got because it's deteriorating and I'd like to get another one. It was a freebie from a user on here but he didn't know where it came from. It's a solid shiny black plastic thing with three holes in the top and is about the same shape as a well worn Brooks B17. The plastic is hard with no padding. Galvanised steel rails by the look of it. On the side on the drops it says ROYAL GT in a circle. I'm trying to work out if it's an old BMX saddle or a 1970's-ish post-Brooks era plastic racing saddle.

These are the best pics I've got of it:

BPvV1IR.jpg

AP3K6pT.jpg

Any ideas?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That takes me back - every pseudo racer (like my Halfords Olympic circa 197:cool: had one. Personally I'd rather sit on the thin side of a plank.

Crikey, fancy that popping up. I spent ages Googling around trying to find one like it and... nothing.

Mine is similar except my one is shiny. That's not to say the dimples haven't polished off over the years though. The logo is different and I suddenly have to rush before 2pm when the work firewall cuts me off... back in a bit...

Back