Identifying Frame w/ Heart Cutout Lugs, Dessena Carlo Titan?

fadetoblack6902

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

I recently acquired this gorgeously painted NOS steel frame, but it's origins are a bit of a mystery. From my research, it could easily be a Titan, Casati, or DeBernardo. It has a decal that says "Varnished by Dossena Carlo", who apparently did wicked paint jobs for Titan and many other manufactures. The bottom head lug has the De Rosa heart cutout. Campagnolo dropouts, hollow angled seatstay bridge, odd built in cable guides on the bb shell.

Any insights or info would be much appreciated! Lots more pics in this link:
http://s206.photobucket.com/user/fadeto ... iew=recent

Re: Identifying Frame w/ Heart Cutout Lugs, Dessena Carlo Ti

That is one crazy paint scheme! Looks to be in great condition - nice find. Late 80's / early 90's?

What are your plans for it - period build?

The braze on the DS chainstay is a chainhanger for when your removing / installing the wheel.

Oh i knew that, thanks!

Just might do a period build on it, or may go older and do an SR/NR build. Or then again, it may hang on the wall as art :)

Can't even begin to think how they did that paint.

Could look tasty with a black groupset - 1st gen dura-ace perhaps? Whatever you choose, it'll be an eyeopener when you've done it.

black 1st gen Dura Ace, that would be sexy! Now I just have to find the parts. All I have in 1st gen DA is a couple front derailleurs. But I think that may happen!

Back