Help with info on Bianchi

mackbuffet

Retro Newbie
Hi all

I've inherited an old Bianchi racer from my Dad, wondering if anyone can help with identifying which model it is, rough age etc.

Pictures are attached, spec as far as I can tell is:

10 speed with Sachs Huret rear mech (front is Tiagra but replaced at some point)
Gear levers on downtube are Simplex
Weinmann Type 500 brakes
Ofmega crank
Ambrosio 19 Extra wheels (original ?)
Stamp on top of headtube is 557135, can't find any other model markings other than the generic Bianchi graphics.

I am thinking that this bike is from the 70's, only because I think I remember him getting it in the early 80s second hand when I was 10 or so years old ! :-0

Thanks for any help

Mack

Attachments

• DSCF3478.JPG
    DSCF3478.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 758
  • DSCF3479.JPG
    DSCF3479.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 758
  • DSCF3480.JPG
    DSCF3480.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 758
  • DSCF3481.JPG
    DSCF3481.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 758
  • DSCF3482.JPG
    DSCF3482.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 758
Looks like a Sprint 28C though your age profile makes me question my answer. I had a 28C in the mid 80's and it came with Ofmega drivetrain, Simplex shifters, weinmann brakes & levers & Ambrosio wheels. I'm not convinced that the 28C was available in the 70's though? 84ish though for sure as I hassled my folks for two years and got mine in 86 I think. They sold them at Halfords of all places!! Went into the skip about 3 years ago as the frame was bent! Yours looks 100% identical to mine and I remember that saddle & pump! Good memories - gave me my first taste of freedom that bike!

The Bianchi decals seen on your bike started in 1983 so you can begin there for an ID, Based on the kit and the lugs Your bike its a lower to mid range model but with some nice accessories. In fact the Celeste colored Silca pump and matching Bianchi bottle coud bring good money on the Bay. (I sold a similar Bianchi pump for $100 usd)

Still it would make a nice rider so have fun

For reference see this site:

http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/

Steven

Thanks for the info guys, the bike is too big for both me and my Dad so going to put it up for sale as it's just garage furniture. No wonder he never rode it though, he's 5'8" and just measured the frame at 60-61cm ! I ride a 54cm and taller than him lol

Hi there. I am happy you posted this as I have just acquired an identical one and was uncertain what it is.
Yours looks to be in better condition than mine - have you sold it? Are you looking for a buyer - I would be interested. :)

Latest posts

Back