Any idea what this is?

Forks look more modern, rear end looks like 60's mixed road / track frame. "fish style" rear dropouts and Wrapover stays look very neat :) lugs look very plain........have to think about this one :)

Is there a frame number anywhere?

Shaun

to me, it all looks modern(ish) (fork crown & lugs) except for the rear dropouts. I'm wondering if its an 80's roadframe with the road dropouts replaced with old style track rear ends cos someone wanted to ride track or fixed.
the wrapover seatstays suggest Brian Rourke at a glance.

I briefly read something about these dual coloured frames recently and I can't find where. If I remember rightly the two colours were a sort of signature mark for the manufacturer (there again I could be wrong)

Looks like a standard issue Tange fork, unless I missed something. You don't see many track frames/forks with fender eyelets.

Track frames with mudguard eyelets were the thing in the 30 / 40's when a lot of riders had 1 bike that did everything. But I think this is a lot later. Put a 700c wheel in yesterday and looked too small but a shallow reach brake fitted lovely..

I guess a couple of logical next questions would be. What bottom bracket threading does it have, and what size seatpost does it take?

Actually someone suggested it could be a modified Claud Butler Torino frame. Japanese forks, 27.2 seat post (I think), Mavic BB (not taken it out yet)....

Back