Random Photo Thread

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
some shots from our leg breaking bike holiday this week in argyllshire - a place littered with horribly vertical climbs and stunning scenery...i made it over an old nemesis on the B836 at loch striven in a one-er, the last time i rode it was around 25 years ago and i think i was around two stones lighter too! checking my old ron kitching diary, i did it on 42x21 and on a winter bike - today it was the eddy merckx and 39x26t...WHAT HAPPENED??! :shock: this hill goes up in 4 sections with a short flat spell in between to let you get your breath and your legs back....briefly!

the other nemesis shown here was a no hoper and broke my legs and lungs completely....torture!! the lower right of this shot shows start point down in the glen (glendaruel) and was taken shortly after the first hairpin!! :shock:

agony, but retrospectively (of course!), great fun indeed..

What happened?!

25 years happened!

Age does have a definite negative effect on climbing ability. I used to be good at it - but not any more :(

Just gear down and take your time - it gives you more time to look at the scenery :)

Perhaps you could have used to Audi to save you legs!!! And i don't mean by drafting!!!

Richard

roads we dream of riding when we are in traffic on the way to work....pity the gradient sign in the first pic is blurred, is it 19%? (1 in 5 in old money!)

Old Ned":2rl4f5lv said:
What happened?!
25 years happened!
Age does have a definite negative effect on climbing ability. I used to be good at it - but not any more :(
Just gear down and take your time - it gives you more time to look at the scenery :)
Hmmm! I'm in the same boat now but hills are a killer to me as I have to stay in the saddle.

Nice pictures :cool:

Hope I'm not treading on your thread here rusty bodie but thought I would share a route I did on Wednesday with a few reasonable climbs

Gleniffer Braes Car Park
Braes.jpg

50.1miles
50_route_map.png

3,523ft Elevation
50miles.png

rusty bodie":1qi4ptit said:
that's some route, but what is this modern device? a ufo??!

;)

That's for getting up the wee hills around here :LOL: :LOL:

First time I've done that route, planned it so there were a few hill climbs but I never realised there were so many :oops:

Latest posts

Back