As promised: Concorde Squadra ex PDM pics.....

lelobysfoot

Retro Guru
Its been covered in salty road grime, farmroad straw and muck generally since October but its finally had its spring-clean.

This thing has history but I wont bore you with all that - its been resprayed obviously and a fine job too by a local guy - Concorde did some nice forgings on these frames and the Cinelli 'aero' bottom bracket is a nice touch too.

Its built with a mixture of Record hubs (natch) and Centaur/Chorus/Veloce stuff. Anything that was on 'special' at the time basically.

If anybody has a more elegant solution than 'tie wraps' to affix sks mudguards, please let me know....

PS: double tape is the biz for long winter runs ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1359.JPG
    IMG_1359.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 2,441
  • gears.jpg
    gears.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2,441
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 2,441
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,441
Nice solution on the rear guards! For the front I used P clips, but the only other way is braze-ons - 100mm or so up the fork leg always looks better.

nice n orangey....

for mudgards - try finding the smallest diameter reflector mounts you can find (usually the first thing discarded off a new bike) , these work wonders.

Concordes usually are built very short, doe you have any problems with toe-overlap?
I used to have a cheaper version in PDM colours. Sadly it ended it's active life in a collision with a clubmate :(

Liking that very mucho, Are they bluemels mudguards. How you finding clearances, what size tyres?

Concorde

Thanks for the comments.
When I bought it, the frame measurements were intriguing - and once I found out the full story it turns out that it was custom made for a PDM rider.

That said though it does have enough clearance for the muddies (SKS) but only the 23c tyres that are on it. Without them I reckon it could take 25-27's in the summer.

It also turns out that it is the perfect size for me which is handy.
Toe overlap is only noticed at a standstill and with my size 10's its still not a prob. It just reminds you that its not a 'touring' bike. Other than that the old SLX tubing is very comfortable.

I'm after some SLX stickers for the forks and you can only buy them in a full set so if anybody wants the other ones, drop me a pm. Cheers.!

PS: Sorry for the not-so-retro 10sp drivetrain but I got the only alloy ergos I could (Veloce) and I must say they 'QS' stuff is superb nowadays great for all-day changing in the Scottish hills.

Back