Raleigh Balck & Gold with Campagnolo gears circa late 60's

Robocop-UK

Retro Newbie
I am trying to trace a bike I had as a teenager. It was a Raleigh with a black paint job and gold anadised brake levers and calipers. My recolection was that the frame was 501 but it might have been 531. I am fairly certain that the gears were Capagnolo as it was the only bike I hade at that time with Campag. (I had quite a few bikes with Shimano, even one with Sturmy Archer)

I have done some searching on the web and it apears it might have been a Record Sprint but I can't find any info that looks exactly the same as the one I had.

Any clues anybody?

Re: Raleigh Balck & Gold with Campagnolo gears circa late 60

Thanks Gold Trader, do you have any info about it? Do you have any links where I might find any more information i.e. pictures etc.?

not an early model
140145744_8e879ea7b6.jpg

174_0.JPG

http://sarbici.co.uk/?attachment_id=714

Definitely a Record Sprint...

By the sounds of it, possibly the first incarnation, before the Aerospace Contour model

Looks like it may be your lucky day...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Sprin ... 1e7f41f76c

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for the link MrW.

Funny enough I have just seen a picture with the Aerospace Contour decal and it seemed vaguely familiar. Do you know when that model was launched?

I believe it was 1983/4

These were the first of the Aerospace Contour models, and had the very distinctive decals, including the Space Shuttle one.

If your bike was late 60's (as the post suggests) then I guess it would have been the Record, and not the Record Sprint, which I believe was introduced late 70's early 80's

It was definitley late 60's. My father bought it second hand in my late teens and it was so good at that time it was about the only bike I didn't change about. (got stopped by the police for speeding on it) I must have seen the Aerospace decal on something later.

I may be wrong, but I think your dating makes it the Record model

I remember the Record sprint with the Gold anodised kit being launched..........fairly sure it was 74-78 ish as I was a teenager at the time. Late 60's would put me in Junior School LOL

Shaun

Back