Extreme parting out!

What a pillock! The frame could have sold for as much as the chainset - if not more!

Why not sell the whole bike - or would doing that have realised a lot less money.

In my experience breaking a bike for spares will always make you more money, but this was just crazy.
As you rightly say sell the frame, those old school Raleigh Gran Sport's were nice bikes, so depending on the size and condition, it could have made a few quid and judging by the bottom bracket shell the paintwork wasn't in too bad nick! ;) .

Still, every cloud has a silver lining, current Raleigh Gran Sport owners now have an everso slightly rarer bike! :D

What an f'n moron, just take the thing to your lbs and let them pull the crank. On the other hand I guess the auction comes with a BB.

lewisfoto":3kvheusk said:
What an f'n moron, just take the thing to your lbs and let them pull the crank. On the other hand I guess the auction comes with a BB.

Yes, but if you look carefully it's a FAG plastic one.

drastic measure, probably has mashed the extractor crank thread as the left hand crank bolt is out....however at .99p start you can't complain I suppose

Back