Top tips required for increasing leg strength!

grumpycommuter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Surgery, drugs of joining a gym are not on the cards!

I do a couple of interval sessions a week, one with short reps for leg speed :facepalm: and the other with longer reps. Twice a month i do a measured 10 to see how i am progressing, or not as the case maybe :LOL:

I'm spinning well at 23 / 24 mph and breathing ok but my legs are giving out before my breathing does. I was thinking about chucking some hill reps in.

Any thoughts?

grumpycommuter":3debmeta said:
Surgery, drugs of joining a gym are not on the cards!

I do a couple of interval sessions a week, one with short reps for leg speed :facepalm: and the other with longer reps. Twice a month i do a measured 10 to see how i am progressing, or not as the case maybe :LOL:

I'm spinning well at 23 / 24 mph and breathing ok but my legs are giving out before my breathing does. I was thinking about chucking some hill reps in.

Any thoughts?

old age just like me mate :LOL:

Midlife":1ri4gr5v said:
Fartlek :)

Shaun

Oh God!! I've done countless of them when i was a runner. Still feel queasy thinking about them.

Martin - it did occur to me that i am probably just too old for all this :cry:

I used to be the same, I found it was because I was overtraining and not having enough rest between :facepalm:

Now I have at least one whole days rest a week and that's total rest (ie sofa/tv)

Midlife":30h5zsav said:
Please tell me you don't have a heart rate monitor.......

Shaun

Good god NO!!

widowmaker":30h5zsav said:
I used to be the same, I found it was because I was overtraining and not having enough rest between :facepalm:

Now I have at least one whole days rest a week and that's total rest (ie sofa/tv)

I suspect there may be a little of this as well. You must be fit cycling in Dorset, it's a little lumpy isn't it?

grumpycommuter":jmnsxhab said:
Midlife":jmnsxhab said:
Please tell me you don't have a heart rate monitor.......

Shaun

Good god NO!!

widowmaker":jmnsxhab said:

I suspect there may be a little of this as well. You must be fit cycling in Dorset, it's a little lumpy isn't it?

The roads are quiet (apart from the odd crazy tractor driver), the scenery and villages are beautiful but the hills are a killer :)

The descents are worth it ;)

Back