Claude Butler Rebuild

jes*b

Dirt Disciple
hi all, I am after a bit if advice....I am new to the retro/vintage road bike thing as i have a new ish cannondale that I ride regularly. My father has a lovely claude butler that has laid unused for quite some time and I would like to get it restored into a period touring style bike. Not really got the time to get too stuck into it so was wondering if the forum could recommend someone to take this kind of thing on. The bike has massive sentimental value and I would like it to be ridden again and it is a good opportunity to offer a different riding experience to my synapse. Cheers Jes

Welcome

I'm sure there would be an LBS who would take £200 or so off your hands to strip and rebuild the Claude...........these bikes are really very basic from a mechanical point of view so why not post up a few pics and try and get it going yourself. Does not have to be poilished back to new just clean and sound so it's safe to ride.

Things happen very slowly with me but at leat it's all my own (ish) handiwork.

Shaun

Unless you know a 'sympathetic' local bike shop I'd stay well clear. They will charge a fortune and most likely replace any worn parts with something completely inappropriate.

Whereabouts are you in the country?

Hi , east Kent. Ideally I would love a period 'up grade ' etc saw a similar one for sale on eBay recently capag. Throughout . Looked the bizz .

Latest posts

Back