shifter help

jaguarking

Dirt Disciple
hoping somebody can help with some advice, I cant seem to get Chorus friction shifters to fit onto my Colnago frame, both are braze mount but the screws on the shifters seem too long. This is the second set I've tried, earlier set were really rough so returned (through eBay) for refund. But this next set has same issue the screw bottoms out in the braze mount before the levers are tightened up............. is it just a case of cutting the thread short or am I missing something, This set even came with instructions that just say tighten it uP???

Have you got all the bits? If memory serves there should be 6 washers / spacers as well as the levers......

Shaun

Well all the pieces are there but the securing screws are different lengths, rear mech shifter is 15mm long and front mech 17mm, also the rear mech mount piece ( first piece onto frame) sits on the braze mount whereas the rear mech one fits over the square braze mount, more like a square washer onto square peg , the rear mech side is definitely 3-4mm too long ??

Thanks that really helps, its now clear I have mixed bag/missing parts, see photo ...!!

Attachments

• P1010077.JPG
    P1010077.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 352
Blimey thats a mixed bag of bits..........shorter screw looks like campag record from the 60-70's

Are the levers in really good nick?

Shaun

Yeh, thats the funny bit Levers are really clean and Tidy and the short screw and RH levers are all correct and work fine, I've mailed the guy and sent photo, Worst case I'll get refund.....Thanks for your help though, thort I was goin mad......
Andy

If the levers are in good nick I'd see if he can find the spare bits.......nobody sees the screws and levers without scratches are what you want.

Shaun

Back