Bar Tape - Pics required

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Morning all,

Odd one this, but could anyone who could be bothered please post up 'good' pics of their bars and taping. I continue to have problems with different types of tape and spacing and would like to see what the 'perfect bars' look like. Side on pics and pics of the ends would be great.

Thanks all, the sun is out here, maybe time to get a bike out,

Richard

Hi Richard

I find it varies depending on which tape you use and it will either go right first time, or you'll have to mess around for hours :) Cushion tape can have a wider wrap than cotton tape. I always start at the end of the drop, wrapping outwards from the frame. Keep a good firm tension throughout. Use a short piece to cover the brake clip, either vertically or horizontally, when you get to the end trim at an angle so it wraps squarely around the bar and secure with insulation tape. Bobs your uncle, Fanny's your aunt :)

Cushion:

Cotton:

Leather:

Nightmare: :facepalm:

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 822
My advice is: let the end of the tape run out (near the center of the bar) by continously wrapping it. After that apply the insulation tape where it is intended to be, and cut concentric off the unnecessary bar tape. This way the inner end will be more nicer.

2194193413_6b823eb589_o.jpg

Double

9433321777_74551c0baf_z.jpg

Leather

When applying cotton tape, it helps to moist the fabric. The tape is easier to handle and will 'shrink' a little bit when drying up, which will give you a nicer result!

Back