Custom paint and cycle cleaning

retrotrack

Retro Guru
Hi all,

I've been a lurker on this forum for quite a while and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself (plus a sneaky little bit about my current project!)

Before I give a proper introduction to what I'm doing, a little about myself, I'm a regular on many of the track and single-speed forums so some of you may know me. My name is James.
I've always had my own little businesses ever since a very young age, but I've always been trying to find something which combines the love of my bike and running my own business.

*updated*

Services we currently offer:

. Paintwork (both powder-coat and 2k)
. Bicycle cleaning products

James

http://www.facebook.com/noquarterbikes

http://instagram.com/no_quarter_paint

Re: No Quarter Bikes

Welcome to RetroBike. Looks like you are doing some interesting stuff in a "keeper of the flame" type of way. One word to the wise the mods don't take kindly to folks just promoting their business but I'm sure you already knew that...

Welcome aboard :)

Nice website and some very nice paintwork! There's always a big interest in getting powdercoating or quality paintwork redone.

Good to see someone turn their interest into their occupation as well.

How much discount do RetroBikers get? :LOL:

Was just considering getting a frame powder coated.

Might be in touch soon.

Good luck with the business.

Thanks for your replies guys, appreciate it.

I've kept things pretty formal and classic on the design side.

I'm sure I may be able to help RBers out ;)

For those of you that are interested, I received a few vintage track frames today which are going back to the original colours they where in the 60s. Thinking of writing a small blog on this thread just showing the cool stuff I get in?

James

Good luck :D

I'll keep an eye out for the work done on the track frames you got yesterday, I'ce got a Carlton Flyer in need of refinishing.

Shaun

Shaun, 2K (2 pack) isocyanate paint is thick stuff for cars, not suitable for bikes.
Sent you PM

keithglos":3u9pu26u said:
Shaun, 2K (2 pack) isocyanate paint is thick stuff for cars, not suitable for bikes.
Sent you PM

We use a special type of etch primer after getting all the tubes and frame details flat. Our paint-work is very thin and durable.

Check out our latest demo frame.

Before:

IMG_2434_zpsfe2a4ade.jpg

2 tone from plumb-crazy to lilac. Metal-flake and gold-leaf have also been added, building her up next week.
paintexample_zps133be825.jpg

DSC_0456_zps7a6d95f3.jpg

DSC_0453_zps261b6b4f.jpg

DSC_0449_zps606707fa.jpg

DSC_0441_zps7c5ad2aa.jpg

DSC_0413_zpsebe70d6f.jpg

Good luck with the venture. Could you reproduce an Aquafade paint job to this standard do you think ? If so PM me details on timescale, prep required, costs etc. I would be looking for an original factory quality powdercoating job including sus forks.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=249888

Back