Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:19 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help me ? I am on the look out for a Klein Racing bike and was wondering what size frame I would need, I normally only ride MTB but have decided to get a racing bike for long bike rides and I know Klein had weird mountain bike frames ...not sure about their racing frames
I am 1.73 Meters tall

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 pm 
Old School Hero

Their road frames are traditionally sized. At your height probably a 53cm, or maybe a 51cm depending on your proportions and how you like a bike to fit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:45 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Just like with MTB size and fit on a road bike is somewhat relative and comes down to rider comfort. This is why at the bike shop we used to encourage customers try different sizes in their range so they could decide which felt best. Of course, for those who were inclined, we also offered professional fittings which cost between $50 and $100...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:56 pm 
Retro Guru

The other problem with Kleins is finding a small one. My girlfriend rides a 93 Quantum that is a little to big for her, but we have shortened the stem. When you find a Sunburst, and it is her favourite colour, how can you say no !!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:40 am 
Retro Guru

if you buy a frame which is the next size up from your true size,even if you lower the saddle and get the geometry correct, chances are it still won't feel as good as your correct size!
i started with a giant peleton 55 c/c i had a bio-racer sizing which takes measurements of your body only and gave a print out of your ideal frame, for intended purpose.... it came up with 54 c/c stem 11.5 cm
I aquired a 53 c/c peloton and it felt quite different and better than the 55. i then got a lemond glx 54 c/c and that felt amazing prob because it is !. watch out always check where they are sizing from c/c or c/top or c/top seat clamp