1979 New York bike expo

Interesting pics....some of the stuff looks like it hit the trade stands before public consumption :)

Just a quick flick through now but will trawl through properly later, real time travel stuff and just at the end of my cycling era :)

Great find, cheers

Shaun

Highlights so far are: 17 lb Viking, Zeus 2000, Eddy Merckx's hour record bike, Masi California...

And people smoking in public!

........had a look through and seems like a late 70's parade of kit. The picture of the short bike tubes with the lugs on display was typical of what the frame reps brought round but I guess no longer.

Tiny bike frames about 18" long :)

Shaun

Dawes Titanium?

This photographer sure seemed to like English bikes. Also not to be missed are the two Confentes and the Bruce Gordon shots.

Titanium frames from that era were usually re-badged Speedwell......

We had one in our bike shop for a long time which didn't sell. The first ones (which we had) were a bit hit and miss but after that the quality picked up and jesus I wish I had bought one. Still hanker after one but he prices are shocking !

Shaun

My advice to all of those attendees at the expo 34 years ago?

Pick up lots of the free literature, hold on to it for 3 decades and supplement your retirement selling it

Back