Chrome

RobWJL

Old School Hero
Hi all,

I am looking to get my forks and stays on my Cinelli re-chromed. There seem to be a variety of companies out there with a whole range of reputations and often astronomical prices.

Can anyone recommend a decent place?

Cheers

Any idea of a ball-park figure for a set of forks? And I assume you have to arrange postage both directions?

Must admit they seem to do some quality work if the website is anything to go by!

FINNEY1973":2bcc7row said:
Any idea of a ball-park figure for a set of forks? And I assume you have to arrange postage both directions?

Must admit they seem to do some quality work if the website is anything to go by!

I had a Major Taylor stem done by them, they stripped all the parts and re-chromed for £30. I'd guess complete forks would be around £40 plus your postage which is best insured!

Robbied196":13d9ikir said:
FINNEY1973":13d9ikir said:

I had a Major Taylor stem done by them, they stripped all the parts and re-chromed for £30. I'd guess complete forks would be around £40 plus your postage which is best insured!

Bargain o'clock at £40ish - I was thinking 3 figures having looked at other re-chromers. Good advice on the insurance!

Back