Tour de France neutral service bike help please!

mtbnic

Retro Newbie
Hello, I'm new posting here but am after some help if possible tracing some more info about my bike. I bought a bike from a friend of a friend in 1998 I was told that the bike was bought from by him from Channel 4 and that it was a neutral service bike from the tour de france in the late 80's its a Columbus SLX frame with Cinelli bb marked with 23 5 SLX, it also has mavic mechs, brakes, headset down tube shifter cranks etc, the wheels are not original, think it has Cinelli stem, bars and seatpost a well. The original colours were green and white with yellow lines round the lugs, but I had it repainted mavic yellow by Argos in Bristol (I know I should have left it as it was but could only afford 1 colour!!) Does anyone know where I can find out more info from? where might the frame number be? and does anyone have any pictures from that era so I can see what it should look like? I would like to return it to its original condition as much as I can for a bit of a project but have no idea where to start. Any help much appreciated.

Re: Tour de frace neutral service bike help please!

Mavic still does the neutral service for the TDF .

Back