Carlton Flyer?

Caitlin

Retro Newbie
Hello,

I've been advised that I have a 1960's Carlton Flyer.

The frame was resprayed so no decals.

Any help in identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Caitlin

Attachments

• Carlton-Flyer-1.jpg
    Carlton-Flyer-1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,247
  • Carlton-Flyer2.jpg
    Carlton-Flyer2.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Carlton-Flyer3.jpg
    Carlton-Flyer3.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 1,242
Looks like it has had some addtions and adjustments made to it. As said the seat tube stays look very Flyer...

A few detail pics of mine if its any help.

P7200285.jpg

P7200286.jpg

P7250658.jpg

P7250664.jpg

P7250653.jpg

P7250649.jpg

I built this machine up about 6 years ago from a frame and forks only to my own tastes - frame dating from 1964.

Hi, looks like a flyer and at a guess, based on the fork crown I would place it late fifties early sixties, earlier than spokesmans lovely flyer, some later work has been done, and is that a CO2 mounting plate on the rear of the seat tube, nice accessory. A serial number would nail it, have you checked the bottom bracket or rear dropout. Terry

While they look like the correct lugs for a Carlton Flyer for it to be late 50s early 60s I don`t think so. It`s too shorter wheel base and compact for that period, I would be very surprised it it were that old from looking at the picture.

They made flyers into the 70's as well........... I've got one. Their track Madison was notorious for having a *very* SWB frame. The frame number should help :)

Shaun

Midlife":3gjrwxcw said:
They made flyers into the 70's as well........... I've got one. Their track Madison was notorious for having a *very* SWB frame. The frame number should help :)

Shaun

Similar to this?

protrack.jpg

Hi, Carlton Flyers were always highly regarded and generally having a SWB, the catalog cutting is from 1939 ! Terry

Attachments

• carlton_flyer_39.jpg
    carlton_flyer_39.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,167
Thanks fellows, I did not know that they were made as late as that. Wow!! they were really steep angles for 1939 they were abit head of time compared to most other builders at the time.Be nice to get one now.

Back