The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Want to put white cables and decals on this. Should it be white hoods? And seat?

Or does it matter?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 281
I think the cables should either be black, as yours are, or should be a contrasting color to the paint. Also the cable color could match the main colors in the decals. One nice touch is when the hood color matches the saddle color. Ultimatly each bike is different so I like to try different combinations.

Cables & Decals same colour, saddle & bartape to match or complete contrast - I think white would suit the bike well, along with a set of tan-walls.

So black hoods and white cables ok? Thinking black seat and hoods, blue bar tape to Match frame? White decals as frame details (basso) picked out in white.

Current saddle will go.

White doesn't stay white for long on the contact points but does look the business. Black hoods & white cables all good in my eyes. I'd be tempted with white bar-tape despite them getting dirty easily although blue could look very nice, as would black. White decals & cables will be just the job. Have a scan through the readers road bikes to get a feel of what combinations work - I use it frequently for inspiration :)

Back