Vintage dawes age?

Best I can do, looks like early 1950's but would need more pics, and any parts that could be original. The continental style chain set is fairly distinctive, might have some identity, but looks a bit later.

I can remember scandia from the 1950's. The long reach brake and huge clearance suggests 26" wheels. I found a similar brake in 1939 Brown brothers (huge wholesalers 250 page book) catalogue, but not in the 1952. The brake levers are adjustable for different reach.
Keith

Do you know how you change the brake cables as the adjuster is part of the original cable? So mountain bike type niple one end and adjuster with road bike nipple the other. Can you still buy cables like this?

It's easy to re solder as long as you have the original brass nipples which are soldered, and the other little cups ferrules and adjusters. If you have to get an inner cable then it must have no teflon or plastic coating. I have described the soldering method several times. All the original Raleigh bikes had a similar cable from the late 1930's to late 1970's.

Thanks for your help. I have discovered that the bike was originaly dark blue with gold linning and chrome forks.

Back