innertubes...Grrrrr!

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I went out on the bike today and guess what ? Yeh you guessed right! ''Puncture''

So changed the tube and then ''I'll gu to our house'' another bloody puncture just a mile down road :evil:

The first tube on close inspection revealed that the join-line on the tube was faulty and air was
passing through the seam, so I just lightly pulled at the tube and it just came apart!!

Second tube it was all clear to see! The friggin valve came out where it should be in the tube :|

Check-out the two pictures! The tubes where made by Michelin[top picture] - Hutchinson[bottom picture] so should have been reliable than this.

rafforum002_zps84e4b88d.jpg

rafforum001_zpsae04ae97.jpg

Ian,

You are having a run of bad luck, are those the light tubes? Perhaps you may have stressed them too much and blew them apart (who said i was cheeky!!!) :D :D :D

I may be able to help out - remind me please.

Richard (the cheeky one!)

TGR":3aj53szn said:
I may be able to help out - remind me please. Richard (the cheeky one!)
Fetching three tubes tomorrow Richard so I should be OK for now! Maybe I should carry 20 tubes just in case :p

Ian,

You will look like me after my holiday - the Mitchelin man - Bibdendum!

Richard

lol Richard :LOL:

A friend says what am I moaning about there only a few quid so stop moaning!!
The tubes themselves didn't deflate due to a thorn been shoved into them
but its shoddy poor manufacturing process that piss's me off and the tubes
are no older than three month's, but who did I get them from? I can't remember
seeing as I've got three bikes that use standard butyl tubes.

I'll show one bike shop the f*cked up tubes to see what he says, you never know - freebies.

Ian,

It is not like the olden days (as my daughter calls it) when you got quality and could complain. We are now in a disposable society (possibly except for RB!!) where use it and bin it is the way - not too much fun where punctures on the roadside are concerned though.

I wish it was 20 years ago, LOL

Richard

Hi i had a valve sticking issue on a new vittoria inner prob a burr or something out of tolerance . i hope you got a refund or replacement company's should get some kind of feedback, as some of their staff do care .

Be mindful of ebay purchases on tubes - "seconds" springs to mind - won't fall for that "bargain" again. Pay the going rate and hope they aren't as shoddy as Ian's - that's crappy luck - many black cats round your way?

I would maintain that it is difficult to find 'staff who care' but i am sure there are some!! A good LBS would be handy close to me - where staff care but unfortunately i am bitter about the fact i have no one close at all.

I should say that, although not close, i have bought stuff from Decathlon in Belfast and the staff there were excellent and i mean - excellent! So it's not all bad.

Richard

Back