Handle bar question

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Hi all

I'm new to this site, I'm trying to rebuild a peugeot 653 athena with period parts.

I want to add a Cinelli stem and bars, now my question is (and may be a daft one but its been over 20 years since I played with this stuff)

When they are talking about the width say for instance 40cm do they measure from the edge of the buldge on each side (so 20cm each side from edge of buldge) or is it from the centre (total width 40cm)

Thanks in advance Paul

yeah good question . i don't trust any of them cinelli, three t/s , itm what ever size is written on them ! unless
a person gets a tape and measure,s c/c of end holes.
whilst were on the subject cycle jersey s and cycle shoe sizing is all messed up too!
and so are frame sizes to a degree.
a typical example is the merckx emx carbon range . they take their frame size c/c bottom bracket to c/line ? or top line of a sloping down top tube so a 52cm could be a 56 ? nuts. back in the day it was c/c bb/cl top tube
but i can understand why top of top tube is used a lot now because, of massive alloy top tubes.
but some people are measuring c/bb to top of seat post clamp.
I have lost count the amount of times i have had to messege people on ebay asking
exactly where they have measured.

Cinelli should be centre to centre of the end of the drop section. There are 38, 40, 42 and 44 centimetre available.

Thanks guys

Well I bough some 44 ones, which have now arrived they feel a lot smaller than I remember

Maca":3vp0w0zf said:
Thanks guys

Well I bough some 44 ones, which have now arrived they feel a lot smaller than I remember

Its the same if you ever go to the zoo, everything is smaller that you remember :LOL:

Back