3ttt bullhorn handlebars

Townman

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I'm new to Retrobike, but a friend [TGR] recommended I post on here to get some help.

I am looking for some 3ttt bullhorn handlebars made for fork clamps like the one pictured. I own one of these Rossin frames and want to build it to these original photos but the bars are proving extremely hard to find. I have been in contact with 3T but since their takeover 5 years ago or so, they do not have anything to do with their old products.

I know the middle two photos are 3ttt, but I'm not sure about the other two photos. They look similar as the bars goes upwards from the clamp rather than the 3ttt bullhorn handlebar F Moser hour record 51.151 which go downwards which is not what i'm after.

I have seen these bars normally on these Rossin's or cinelli lasers, and mainly in flickr photos.

If anyone has any advice or help regarding finding these bars I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Matt

7220934026_48e2ddd8c7_z.jpg

Rossin-Pursuit-Superb-6%255B1%255D.jpg

hrrundel_rossin_velospace%255B1%255D.jpg

5896358212_3a6d74e55d_b.jpg

I believe 3TTT Moscow bullhorns are what you may be after? I've got some on my Ribble and they look like those pictured above.

The holy grail (IMO) are Cinelli LA84's - rare & can be expensive. The easier and more plausible purchase are Cinelli Tempo's but these may not be period?

Velobase website has images that may help you...

Hi FINNEY1973,

Velobase does not have these bars on there. I don't think they are the moscow, although similar, the angles are different. The moscow like the 3ttt F Moser hour record 51.151's tubes go down from the clamp, whereas the ones I am looking for go upwards.

You say you have these exact bars? Do you have a photo?

Cheers,
Matt

FINNEY1973":8kleh4gt said:
I believe 3TTT Moscow bullhorns are what you may be after? I've got some on my Ribble and they look like those pictured above.

The holy grail (IMO) are Cinelli LA84's - rare & can be expensive. The easier and more plausible purchase are Cinelli Tempo's but these may not be period?

Velobase website has images that may help you...

Hi Matt - mine are the downward sloping ones - sorry for the confusion on that one. I see what you mean in respect of the upward angle, specifically made perhaps? They look like the bars are installed 'upside down' within the sleeve? Could it be that 3TTT did this and they weren't commercially available? You've certainly got a mystery with this one.

BTW - are you planning on putting up lots of pics of your Rossin - would be very interested in seeing some :)

FINNEY1973":1beo1lvj said:
Hi Matt - mine are the downward sloping ones - sorry for the confusion on that one. I see what you mean in respect of the upward angle, specifically made perhaps? They look like the bars are installed 'upside down' within the sleeve? Could it be that 3TTT did this and they weren't commercially available? You've certainly got a mystery with this one.

BTW - are you planning on putting up lots of pics of your Rossin - would be very interested in seeing some :)

I believe these were perhaps made for individual riders so may not have seen the shops.

I would love get some bars made like this but uk builders like Mercian, bob Jackson, lee cooper have told me they don't make handlebars.

Do you think there are there any custom handlebars manufacturers out there who do one off pieces?

Of corse I will put loads of photos up of the Rossin soon and share the build.

Hi Matt,

Is it my eyesight or do the bars in the (i presume) Ekimov pic differ from the ones pictured above it - they seem less angular compared to the 3TTT ones - it might be my eyesight.

I await more pics too although i have had the sneak preview!!!

Richard

Back