Any odd questions?

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Evening all,

I was having a look at ebay and i pondered this question -

"If titanium is so light, how come the postage is so expensive?"

As a relative newbie, these things occur to me - has anyone else similar odd questions?

Richard

doesn't cost of postage depend on the size of the package? (assuming royal snail here)

Also, if you want inn-sewer-ants on the thing, that adds extra cost :p

My pondering (today) was along the lines of: "Why is it that fully-grown adults ride on the bloody pavement everywhere?"

I live in a quiet village so the traffic argument doesn't hold water! (if you're that scared of traffic then find another method of excercise!)

Ponder on ... i had noticed that as well - pavements = pedestrians

Richard

Me three. Though a few months ago I was out on a ride and got a bit lost, went much further than planned with no food (or money to buy food) and bonked about 6 miles from home. I've never had less energy in my life. So I crawled home (not literally) on the pavements.

On the postage topic I got stung a while ago by an ebay seller who charged me £30 to send a part for a fuel pump from England to NI. The postage was listed as free, except for a list of postcodes. Those codes were listed alphabetically, except for "BT" which was snuck (that's past tense for sneak here in NI) in between some "P" postcodes.
So my fault for not checking I guess. I thought I was getting free postage on a £145 part, but ended up having to paypal him another £30 before he would send it. I needed it urgently so paid up. I suppose he didn't do anything wrong, technically, but still.

On the odd questions front I do remember (when I was purchasing my 1st road bike over a year ago through EBay) wondering why there were lots of old crap bikes selling for so much money. I now realise the error of my ways (having been bitten by the bug). They weren't "old" they were "vintage".

N

If a man expresses an opinion in a forest and there's no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?

What is the default position of a door? Closed, open, or ajar? And if ajar, by how much?
At exactly what point does 'ajar' become 'open' ?

Visited the Sorting office with a class once. Apparently if its capable of having an address written on it it can be posted. The live and legal usual rules apply.

Why are the brakes reversed on European bikes, so left is front and right is rear? It seems natural to have the right hand for the front brake whatever side of the road you are on. Do left handed people reverse their brakes?

Did it start with opposite side to side pulls and then not matter so much as cables got better/bendier and centre pulls etc? Just guessing...

Back