Kirk Precision Spares

Maxcalibur

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I've recently acquired a Kirk Precision frame. Despite all the potential pathways for disaster, I wanted to get it, build it, and maybe even occasionally ride it.

The problem is, that as many other people have come across in the past, the mech hangers are notoriously difficult to get hold of.

I've tried Simon Haydn, but as he said himself, it's not his job to supply Kirk spares, and he is busy with lots of other things, so it could be any amount of time before he replies.

What I'm wondering instead, is whether anyone on the forum has one already, and would be able to give me the exact dimensions? Then I would be able to get the parts fabricated instead.

Hopefully I'll end up with more than just a frame and some parts in the corner of a room eventually...

Anyone? I'm really stuck on this.

I think I'm leaning towards the hoping that someone out there reading this has one and can give me some pics and the measurements of the parts.

That's amazing if you have the right bits! If you were able to supply me with them, I could get more machined up, so I'd happily return the originals if that's what you wanted.

We're talking road here. I think the MTB version was called the revolution (or am I totally wrong?). Are the dimensions of the parts the same?

Not sure bud but it is was called revolution I will take pictures of the parts pm your phone no and ill call you over the weekend john

Thanks.

If anyone can shed some light on whether there's any differences in the hanger sizes between the Precision and Revolution, that'd be great.

Hi, I have the MTB version of the Precision, with hanger.
Back at home Wednesday, so I can take some measurements and pictures.

I can lend the hanger if you want to copy, or possibly I could draw up a CAD file.
It would probably need some changes, as IIRC it's moulded plastic, not aluminium, but I'm sure we could come up with something a bit better than the original

All the best,

Hi Dan

Yeah, I'd heard they were made of plastic. Even if I got my hands on one, I was thinking to get it made from Al anyway. A CAD file would be really handy if you have the time, though I have also heard that the MTB version was slightly shorter than the road version. Maybe if someone has the road one, they could tell me the length between frame attachment and mech attachment points.

Do you have the front hanger too?

j.c. has kindly taken some photos for me too, but the more information the better!

Cheers

Yup, the front hanger's there, too. All rideable at the moment.

I would have thought that the road hanger was shorter than the MTB one, if anything, but the MTB version of the Precision doesn't seem to have had any alterations to the geometry of the road one, just the u-brake fittings and a MTB front fork. The BB height is low, angles are steep ant the TT lenght is pretty short.

All the best,

Ok, so if it is the Precision MTB, then the hangers should be the same.

It's the revolution that has massively different ones by the look of the pictures I've been sent.

If you have the parts, pictures with measurements or a CAD file would be make me immensely indebted to you!

Back