Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
About to refit the Armstrong

Regarding chain length, as this will be a 5 speed with rear changer only does the large to large plus 2 links measure i used to use for 10 speed still apply? Or do i set up large rear to front at almost full stretch (level) on the rear mech?

I do have the old chain to count links but have changed form benelux to campag but they seem similar dimension wise so should i just do that?

Its been a long time. :facepalm: :oops:

thanks again,

hamster":1fj6ejmo said:
Same applies...why would you want any more chain?

So just count links?

It's all this old stuff and its been a long time since i had to set up a bike from bits (30+ years)

Just count the links then? I did notice the new jockey wheel cage needs to be forward to avoid the largest rear cog whereas the old one had a different design with nothing above top wheel. It started me thinking and questioning my memory of doing this..

Just stuck the old chain on and way short so wheel further back in new hanger methinks plus longer mech means back to +2 on new chain?

As long as the system doesn't wreck itself if you accidentally engage big/big. If the mech looks really bad in a mock up scenario, add a link.

yep. saved again! I love this place.

Just been fitting new bars that arrived this morning. Chain ordered as old one too short. With a master link.

Love the avatar. Reduced my wife to tears when i played her 'Love Letter' she was expecting my usual NC depressive/raging/oppressive style stuff.

The History Man":1f9sey73 said:
yep. saved again! I love this place.

Just been fitting new bars that arrived this morning. Chain ordered as old one too short. With a master link.

Love the avatar. Reduced my wife to tears when i played her 'Love Letter' she was expecting my usual NC depressive/raging/oppressive style stuff.

Even the avatar looks depressed :)

Here's another to make the girls cry

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4izkgnX_k[/youtube]

Back