Help identifying an old Bianchi

cycleguy01

Retro Newbie
Hey everyone, would appreciate any help identifying this old Bianchi that I picked up from a friend this week:

bianchi_01.jpg

bianchi_02.jpg

bianchi_03.jpg

bianchi_04.jpg

bianchi_05.jpg

bianchi_06.jpg

bianchi_07.jpg

Frame has a made in Italy decal, other than that see pics for more info. I have no idea what it is, but the size is 59cms.

The serial number is stamped on the head tube and is something like this' OE 30848' could be wrong about the first letters tho' they are quite hard to make out. maybe OL or 01 or something similar.

Stem is a ttt and handlebars are Cinelli.
Rear derailleur is a Campa Nuovo Gran Sport.
Crank is a Campa 'GS' (Gran Sport I assume).
Front derailleur is a Shimano 600.
Rims are Mavic GP4's, hubs say Campa 'Record'.
Still has the original Campa drinking bottle, maybe it helps.
Brakes are Universal (MOD-125), levers are Modolo.

If anyone knows anything about what year it is, what model and any other info it would be awesome!

Cheers.

Welcome to RetroBike

The decal set is consistent with early 80s Bianchis, interesting that the head tube decal is missing because for a brief time Bianchi was owned by Piaggio and had their decals on the head tube.

The closest ID I have come up with is a circa 1982 Campion Del Mundo CX, it has similar kit but some of the frame details are different.

I sold all of my Bianchi catalogs last year but someone on here will know for sure

Actually there was a Piaggio decal on the head tube - It was almost completely off so I removed it assuming the previous owner added it, had no idea they owned Bianchi at some point... thanks for the info!

Based on this bike here im guessing its a 1980 Rekord 748:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celeste-BIANC ... 19dd1e9c9e

The frame is identical from what I can tell, components might have been replaced over the years with what I have now. Im amazed at the condition of my 'find' considering its almost 35 years old...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cycleguy01":3iw15qgn said:
The frame is identical from what I can tell

The OP's bike has a different lug set, look a the detail of the head tube, the lug is longer, thinner and has a cutout

Latest posts

Back