OCD question: which way round does a Record front hub go?

MajorMantra

Dirt Disciple
Strange question, but I'm pretty anal about these things...

I'm about to build a set of silver Record OS hubs into a wheelset. The front is this style:

campagnolo-record-front-hub.jpg

Is this the 'correct' orientation for the QR? (i.e., lever at the plastic dust cap end) I'm just wondering if that's how Campag intended it. The orientation of the oil clip on my sample would support that, but the knurling on the locknuts would contradict it, if it is to match the rear hub. Also, it would seem more natural to have the preload adjustment on the same side for front and rear.

Re: OCD question: which way round does a Record front hub go

:D

Of course the wheel in that picture is laced in such a way that I would normally mount it the opposite way around (purely for aesthetic reasons) so perhaps that's an error too...

Follow the orientation of the rear hub.

A fellow rider read me the riot over the orientation of my skewers. He was adamant that it had to be both on the left side.

lewisfoto":3g27sbgo said:
A fellow rider read me the riot over the orientation of my skewers. He was adamant that it had to be both on the left side.

That goes without saying, I'm talking about which way round the hub should go, not the QR.

I'm inclined to put plastic cap on the right, but shall sleep on it.

The front should mirror the rear.......more importantly the valve should face the logo on the hub and the valve should be in a space where the spokes are parallel or divergent so the pump will fit.

Shaun

I know all this, it's just what constitutes mirroring that's in question. :)

Also, there is no fixed logo on older Campag hubs, so I've chosen to line up with the grease port.

Post a picture of the rear one.

Adjustable cones go to the same side ie to the LH.

or if theres a logo, so you can read it as the hub rotates forwards...

This means your skewer is in back to front ;-)

OCD fixed :)

What Shaun says is correct too; makes lacing far simpler so everythings in the same place ..

Back