Any ideas on the model of this Falcon Ernie Clements?

Ernie Clements name ended up on almost everything that came out of Barton on Humber..........I'll have a think. Wonder if it's a Black Diamond (but it's not black)

Shaun

Reynolds plain gauge, no braze ons and stamped dropouts mean it's pretty low end.

However, it's got wrap-around seatstays, which means it's a legit Falcon.

Thanks for the great comments, I believe its 531 ill confirm tomorrow, im thinking of restoring this one if I can identify the model,
Neil

Maybe it's a Falcon Olympic as the advert says........they used the moniker Olympic for a wide range of bikes. Rings a bell with me with the chrome fork ends as we used to sell them :)

Shaun

Ive just been on another forum and the quote below is saying that the Black Diamond didnt have the wrap around seat stay?
mine has a Campy gear cable guide on the downtube,
here is the quote below:

rip999
01-30-12, 05:04 AM
Hi below are some pictures of what is supposed to be a '62 Black Diamond that the owner says he has had from new and some parts do add up, wrap over seat stays and 531 main tubing but can't see the bottom bracket clearly to see if it has any braze ons. The lugs look different as well but I saw a '68 and it does not have the wrap over seat stay so maybe sometime in-between?

Back