Marlow of Sheffield (frame builder)

DickBarton

Retro Newbie
Does anybody know of this frame builder? I can find precious little about the company on the internet, but I have just acquired a Marlow tandem.

It seems to be built from a quality tubing, probably 531, although with a seat tube diameter of 26.6mm which would appear to be a metric 531 size (or it could be another tubing altogether).

However I am not so much wondering about the tubing as the frame builder, so if anyone has any information it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Gerry Marlow is (was? personally don't know him) rode with the sheffield ctc and did some extensive world wide touring. He built frames to order as a hobby "from his garage" but if I recall, had the necessary frame building skills and was a qualified engineer. Because he never set up in business making frames, its unlikely that you'll find much on the net. I casually met him some years ago and he seemed a helpful sort, so if you do manage to contact him, Im sure he'll anwer any questions. The only bikes I've ever seen are tourers and tandems. Rest assured, it will be a quality frame and will have been specilly made for someone.

Hooking up with someone in sheffield CTC might net you a catch. good luckin your search

Back