Campagnolo rear hub cone replacement

RobWJL

Old School Hero
Hello,

I am looking for a replacement cone for the rear Campagnolo Record small flange hub (see image below).

I recently bought this wheelset on Ebay and it is immaculate besides a a slight grinding / resistance when you rotate the rear axle.

Evan's dismantled the hub and stated that the hub itself was is good condition, but the cone had some pitting, giving rise to the resistance.

I am anxious to know how much more it's going to cost me to replace the cone vs. returning the wheels for a refund

As usual, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Rob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 23.08.01.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 23.08.01.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 245
Campagnolo hub cones should be very plentiful but could be expensive. On the other hand they have to be pretty marked up to be unusable, could it be that the cones were simply too tight? Maybe a pic of the cone in question will help.

Need to see the insides; the actual cones.

I wouldn't expect an evans mechanic to be able to adjust these hubs, did they take them apart & inspect or just spin them? (Note I am sure that is an unfair generalisation); as suggested above perhaps they just need a bit of cleaning, greasing and correct adjustment.

These hubs use 7/32 bearings, bigger than the rest of the range...so replacement cup/cones will be very hard to find.

I'm looking to replace a front hub on one side...

Back