Bob Jackson Prices

Johnsqual

Senior Retro Guru
Hello,

Does anyone know if the prices listed on Bob Jackson's site are realistice and/or up to date.

I am vaguely contemplating an extensive resto of an old frame.

I need the following done (the prices quoted for the individual jobs are also listed):

1) One new chainstay (old one is cracked) = 70 quid
2) Respray in plain enamel = 90 quid
3) Coloured head tube and coloured band on seat tube = 40 quid
4) Coloured head tube lugs = 25 quid
5) Lug lining = 25 quid

That comes out at 250 quid total.

I'm just wondering if that matches up with what people have paid to have work done with them.

I'm not criticising or complaining about their prices at all, just want have an idea of whether what they quote is realistic for what I'm eventually planning.

I'm also not 100% sure if I want to go ahead with this job, so I thought I'd get some ideas here before I start asking for quotes and so on.

Cheers!

Johnny

For a similar job at Argos, I was expecting to pay a lot more. Being in Bristol, however, its just easier to drop off the frame. Its sounds very reasonable - for example i think Agos charge £45 for lug lining and £130 for plain enamel respray......maybe I need to rethink this!

I looked at the prices a while ago when I thought about having my Jackson refinished (decided to keep the patina) and the website doesn't seem to have changed at all............

Shaun

They do reply to e-mails.

Or at least they did when I was asking about colours a few months ago.

They replied to me too, the pick-up and drop of service was £55 ............which buys a lot of touch up, elbow grease and wax :D

Shaun

Midlife":1i1n07sq said:
I looked at the prices a while ago when I thought about having my Jackson refinished (decided to keep the patina) and the website doesn't seem to have changed at all............

Shaun

This is what I found a bit odd, there's been no change in price and they seem very reasonable indeed. I was just concerned that the actual prices might vary from what's listed.

I think that puts my ratty Bob Jackson frame firmly out of my price range. I stopped counting when the refinishing went over £600 :shock:

Chrome. Everywhere :(

Oh yes, just looked at the chrome price list, that does seem to push things into a different league :shock:

Yep - thats why I only had the forks rechromed. Apparently its a labour intensive job with chemicals that cost a lot to dispose of. Looks the business though :LOL:

Back