What to do when the original decals aren't available?

Postie John

Dirt Disciple
Raleigh Flyer

I'm having an on and off 'relationship' with a Raleigh Flyer pulled from a skip.
We are currently back on, I've actually finally stripped the Flyer and it's ready for it's respray.

Having been through http://www.hlloydcycles.com with a fine tooth comb, there just isn't any 'Flyer' decals.

Style wise the Flyer clearly was the template for the Raleigh Team Professional, decals available.
But with that being a far superior bike, it doesn't seem right to put those decals on a Flyer, or am I being too precious?

I'm also somewhat overwhelmed by the choice H Lloyd has on offer so I'm now pretty stumped as to what to put on.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Have you spoke to Nick at HLloyd? He's doing me some decalsets that aren't on the list - I don't think it's a definitive list - worth a phone call or email.

Well I've just about made my non 'flyer' choice.

In trying to remain in keeping with the era but generic instead of specific. I'm going for the 'Raleigh' 'International' look with a seattube Raleigh and 'made in England' chainstay.

How's that sound Raleigh experts, I'm so confused I'm surprised I haven't plumped for 'Grifter'.

Just spoke to Nick regarding the work he's doing for me - mentioned the Raleigh flyer issue - there were two different versions, not sure which ones apply to your frame but he has some so if your interested I'd give him a call :D

Back