Can you tell me if this frame is a Cinelli super corse?

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Can you tell me if this frame is a Cinelli super corse?

P1040333.jpg

P1040332.jpg

P1040337.jpg

P1040335.jpg

P1040336.jpg

P1040334.jpg

P1040330.jpg

I wouldn't know how specifically how to identify a Supercorse - I would of assumed a Cinelli BB shell would be the first starting point and the seatstay arrangement is a giveaway. However, there's an image on here http://casbahcicloclub.com/2012/03/08/a ... n-history/ which shows a very similar BB shell & frame number format - writer on that site says it's a Supercorse. I suspect if you spend some time on the www and wait for far more knowledgeable folks than me to give some input you may be able to confirm or dismiss this as a Cinelli. My initial impressions are no, your frame isn't (doesn't look refined enough) but I'd love you to prove me wrong :)

FINNEY1973":3m153b2x said:
I wouldn't know how specifically how to identify a Supercorse - I would of assumed a Cinelli BB shell would be the first starting point and the seatstay arrangement is a giveaway. However, there's an image on here http://casbahcicloclub.com/2012/03/08/a ... n-history/ which shows a very similar BB shell & frame number format - writer on that site says it's a Supercorse. I suspect if you spend some time on the www and wait for far more knowledgeable folks than me to give some input you may be able to confirm or dismiss this as a Cinelli. My initial impressions are no, your frame isn't (doesn't look refined enough) but I'd love you to prove me wrong :)

Ok thanks for the info, ill await......
Neil

I an presuming that you mean pic 2 above, My opinion is that it may be the hole for a BB guide - again, i am not well up on these things and that is my guess.

Is this a frame that you have or are considering buying? I ask because i have been on lfgss over the past 2 days and there are frames/bikes there which are not what they are advertised to be. I think the expression'buyer beware' would be appropriate.

Richard

TGR":3brymp8d said:
I an presuming that you mean pic 2 above, My opinion is that it may be the hole for a BB guide - again, i am not well up on these things and that is my guess.

Is this a frame that you have or are considering buying? I ask because i have been on lfgss over the past 2 days and there are frames/bikes there which are not what they are advertised to be. I think the expression'buyer beware' would be appropriate.

Richard

Richard,
No it is my frame just trying to confirm the identification/age of it,
you say lfgss? is this a website?
Neil

Could be an early 60t's super corsa , they had mudgaurd eyes , no braze ons and same type of seat cluster and fork crown . 4 digit frame no. on L/H side of B/BKT shell looks right as well . Should have an Italian threaded B/BKT , seat post size should be 26.2 mm , and look for any evidence of chrome under the paint , just about all SC were chromed under the paint , try taking the forks out , see if there's any chrome on the steerer . Just my 2pence worth , I'm no real expert , someone like Citoyen du monde on the forum could problary give you chapter and verse .

Latest posts

Back