Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:08 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:39 pm 
Retro Guru

problem solved.Dumped the tufos and cement and went schwalbe and rim tape.Rock solid with no creep. Happy days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:07 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

I have used Carogna and the practicality side is great.

I believe it saps watts though - and I need as many of those as possible ... :lol:

WD :D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I am venturing into the world of Tubulars and was hoping to get some recommendations. Seems like a lot of previously mentioned tyres are not available anymore.

For a first time Tub user I was looking to get something that's more puncture resistant than performance.
I was looking at the Vittoria Rally Road Tubs, seem to have decent performance for a real cheap price with puncture protection. Can anyone recommend these? if not please share any other recommendations!

Aesthetically I do prefer the tan walls, they just suit vintage steel frames and I like to make my bike look pretty. :D

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:17 am 
Dirt Disciple

dynoryder wrote:
I am venturing into the world of Tubulars and was hoping to get some recommendations. Seems like a lot of previously mentioned tyres are not available anymore.

For a first time Tub user I was looking to get something that's more puncture resistant than performance.
I was looking at the Vittoria Rally Road Tubs, seem to have decent performance for a real cheap price with puncture protection. Can anyone recommend these? if not please share any other recommendations!

Aesthetically I do prefer the tan walls, they just suit vintage steel frames and I like to make my bike look pretty. :D

I don't think you could go far wrong with the Rally, especially if you are new to tubs. I'm on tubs myself for 40 years. Wait until you have to repair a puncture on one though! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:25 am 
Dirt Disciple

Rapparee87 wrote:
dynoryder wrote:

I don't think you could go far wrong with the Rally, especially if you are new to tubs. I'm on tubs myself for 40 years. Wait until you have to repair a puncture on one though! :D

Haha, I actually opted out of tubulars - more that the bike ended up having clincher rims instead of the original tubs.
One day I will try for the tub experience but considering I live in London I think its probably not worth the dice roll.

Ended up going for the 25cm Panaracer Pasela in clinchers, best bang for buck with great protection.
Will invest in some proper tires next summer. Was thinking Vittoria Corsa's but the continental gp5k tour de France are also pulling my attention.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:46 pm 
Dirt Disciple

dynoryder wrote:
Rapparee87 wrote:
dynoryder wrote:

Haha, I actually opted out of tubulars - more that the bike ended up having clincher rims instead of the original tubs.
One day I will try for the tub experience but considering I live in London I think its probably not worth the dice roll.

Ended up going for the 25cm Panaracer Pasela in clinchers, best bang for buck with great protection.
Will invest in some proper tires next summer. Was thinking Vittoria Corsa's but the continental gp5k tour de France are also pulling my attention.

If clinchers were around when I started racing I would probably have gone with them, but there was no other option so it's just a case of what I'm used to at this stage. Happy cycling! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34