Shimano micro adjust seat post issues

bikenut2010

Senior Retro Guru
600 AX aero post...can't get a Rolls saddle level, ends up a couple of mm nose down; I've reversed clamp and wound out adjuster...is this a combo problem anyone else is aware of? Rolls on a campy aero post is fine.

Frankly I can't think of amy reason this combo should be a problem the rails on the rolls are at the same or similar angle to other saddles.

So the micro adjust screw on the front of the post wont work. I frankly am very surprised because I have found this design very easy to use. Maybe the adjuster is broken?

I'll remove the adjuster and inspect...when i set the saddle level, it returns to nose down position when tightening main bolt

you could try setting the saddle a few degrees high and see if it levels when the bolt is tightened?

I took a look at my own 600 ax post and it seems that if you tighten the main bolt until it is snug, with the nose up a tad, then tighten the adjustment bolt to put it on level, and finally give the main bolt the quarter to half turn to be fully tight.

lewisfoto":3b5oty7g said:
you could try setting the saddle a few degrees high and see if it levels when the bolt is tightened?

I took a look at my own 600 ax post and it seems that if you tighten the main bolt until it is snug, with the nose up a tad, then tighten the adjustment bolt to put it on level, and finally give the main bolt the quarter to half turn to be fully tight.
great i'll give it a try...! :cool:

When you say you turned the clamp round do you mean the whole clamp? Try turning the top clamp the other way round on the bottom clamp and try it both ways round...

Latest posts

Back