Tommasini Super Prestige, Campagnolo help required.

IanSmalley

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
1990 (I think) Tommasini Super Prestige

I purchased off a lady who's husband had died 3 1/2 years ago, she thought he bought it in 1990 and couldn't remember how much it cost but was more expensive than the car they owned. He took early retirement and they moved to Spain where he enjoyed many hours of riding on dry sunny roads. He would not take the Tommasini out if it was to rain. She thought the groupset was C. Record and would like some of the Campy experts on here to have a look and give their opinion.
As you can see the Tommasini is in exelent condition and has been very well looked after.

Ian

Attachments

• Tommasini 084a.jpg
    Tommasini 084a.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Tommasini 078a.jpg
    Tommasini 078a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,203
  • Tommasini 069a.jpg
    Tommasini 069a.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Tommasini 075a.jpg
    Tommasini 075a.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Tommasini 064a.jpg
    Tommasini 064a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,203
I didn't pay too much for it even if it's a low end groupset Shaun.
Don't think it will be a low end one anyway because of the brakes.

Nice bicycle Ian,

looks to be a mix of components (or a mix of C-Record: different generations), my own SBDU bicycle (bought new) has a mix of C-Record and Chorus mainly due to the first generation Delta brake being unreliable (and difficult to adjust) - Campagnolo stopped producing them for about a year before reintroducing them.

Campagnolo produced the Delta brake for different groups (not just for the C-Record group).

For example: I can't quite tell from the photo if your rear mech is C-Record or not, it isn't first gen C-Record, I have one of those and the lower cage is different and has an engraved shield not"Campagnolo"script (like yours) which looks to be photo etched(?).

Just a few initial thoughts - bring it along on Sunday week - with the MKM.

Jon.

Thanks Jon, I will bring it with me.
Just been for quick spin round the block, freewheel was not engaging sometimes but seems to have sorted itself now.
Ian

So it was you that beat me in the auction then! :LOL:

Hearing the background story I'm actually glad I didn't win it as I was planning on stripping the groupset for a new Tommasini Tecno I'm buying next year. When a bike has a history like that and clearly meant so much to someone it would seem a real shame to change it.

Regarding the specification, asfar as I can tell the bike has a complete C Record groupset, including the Delta brakes, and appears to be the 2nd generation iteration.

You can tell if the Deltas are Record or Croce D'Aune by the location of the spring. The Croce D'Aune deltas have an external spring on the rear side of the calliper whereas the Record is internal.

Hope you enjoy the bike as it looks like a real stunner.

Cheers

Only just ;)

Promised the lady I wouldn't split it up.

Regarding the Delta brakes there is no external spring so Record Delta.

I need a long Campag seat post if anyone has one for sale/ swop

Ian

That is absolutely beautiful... :shock: If you feel like putting any more pictures up, please don't hold back...

Back