Can anybody help with the age of my Urago frame?

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Can anybody help with the age of my Urago frame?

It does have 82 stamped under the bottom bracket, does this mean 1982?

It has Brev Campagnolo dropouts, i think its got a Gnutti bottom bracket and GB 70 stem.

P1050724.jpg

P1050726.jpg

P1050727.jpg

P1050729.jpg

P1050737.jpg

P1050741.jpg

P1050742.jpg

P1050755.jpg

Any help would be fantastic

Neil

Images have been deleted or moved according to my browser (Firefox)

Shaun

PS Just looked on Chrome and they are still marked by photobucket as moved or deleted......do you need a photobucket account to see them ?

Very Classy :)

Lugs, fork rake, braze-ons for 5 speed with cable split, no oil port on the BB, head badge puts it in the 60's era maybe a bit before, maybe a bit after.

Shaun

Shaun got there first, agree completely, the Gnutti cotterless was dead by late 50's. A P C (Johnny) Bowles imported Uragos about that time, and I had 50 Gnutti cotterless from him for very little.

Don't remember those Gnutti coming into the shop, the nearest was a normal sort of cotterless axle but with the half of the axle opposite the flat ground into a triangle that fitted into the crank. Can't remember the name and it's going to annoy me now !

Shaun

Shaun, TA did one, imported by Ron Kitching, not very popular, By the mid 50's we were selling Stronglight 49D with TA rings. I had a 49A in 1951.

Midlife":2oaq8ikh said:
Don't remember those Gnutti coming into the shop, the nearest was a normal sort of cotterless axle but with the half of the axle opposite the flat ground into a triangle that fitted into the crank. Can't remember the name and it's going to annoy me now !

Shaun

Definitely TA. I had one and let it go! Great for getting the chain line right as you could slide the crank on the axle. You just had to make sure you didn't lose the fixing bolts/washers/'nuts'.

Attachments

• TACranks.jpg
    TACranks.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 520
Back