lets see your retro road action photos ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

Here is one of me ...

Circa 1989 taken at the end of the E72, non-aero brakes, toe clips, downtube shifters, wool jersey and hair ...

rick-harlow-cc-1989-800pxl-.jpg

Re: lets see your 80s photos ...

Posted before but oh well. Dates ranging from 1983 to 1987. Loved me TTing :facepalm: .............

Can it be pictures of old mates too????

holdsworth.jpg

74855_1676914410595_308105_n.jpg

edison.jpg

me.jpg

Loving the digital watches ...

Here you go! Two shots of me in the fading years of my 'prime', both in '87 ('normal' bike - Bernard Macklam 'Sergio', lo-pro - Steve Elsworth). The 'normal' one is on the old J32 Northwich by-pass 25 mile course and the 'lo-pro on 'The Boro'.

Calder Clarion jerseys were very similar to North Notts Olympic, both Yellow with Red and Black contrasts.

Attachments

• LoProBoro87.A.jpg
    LoProBoro87.A.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 25onJ32in1987.A.jpg
    25onJ32in1987.A.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,000

Classics, I really wanted one of those lo-pros but was skint at the time ...

Well I never raced, then or now, and unfortunately no pictures of me riding either. This appears ironic because I have been a photographer the whole time. Truth be told, it was purposeful because after a week of shooting pictures, riding bicycles was my escape from the photo world. Got me in trouble with more than one editor because I would come into the office with stories of the beautiful trails and my boss would ask, "Where are the photos?"

Montello":2oouns6a said:
Classics, I really wanted one of those lo-pros but was skint at the time ...

Ironically, I reckon I had a better position on the traditional bike than the lo-pro. Much more able to get lower at the front - even with a down sloped track stem - and I am reasonably tall. Riders of a shorter stature had more of a problem which is why the 26" and 24" wheel versions came into use.

1980 when I was a punk/heavy metal fan. My first open 25 on the H25/3

Nob - The bar tape and brake hoods were left off to save weight? btw love that TA crankset

Some cracking shots there, seems like a simpler sport compared to the set up I use now.

Back